Centree Photography

Welcome to Centree Photography's blog! For more information please check out our website at www.centreephotography.com.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Sonu and Christina

Penny and I had been dying to shoot an Indian wedding. They're colorful, dynamic, and it seems like everyone is dancing ALL THE TIME. When Christina and Sonu approached us about shooting their wedding, we practically jump in their laps to get them to choose us. We instantly liked their mild and sunny dispositions, and it made their wedding day a dream ( albeit a loooonnnggg dream... have you ever been to an Indian wedding??) On every level we loved it, and I hope it shows in the photos.









 The photo below was when my flash didn't go off, but I love it for some reason. A technically not-good picture, but it still resonates for me personally.

 The men and their very best Bollywood hands.
 2 ceremonies, both at the River Cree which was tricky to light. No white walls, sculpted ceiling,  huge room, dimly lit and no windows. A challenge, but a good one.

 I was enthused about my staged picnic to say the least... however what you don't see are the HUNDREDS of spiders that spent the afternoon with us. Months later I have finally removed the props from the car, fairly certain the remaining spiders are dead.







 I love Christina's face in this one. "You dip my bracelets in sacred milk and then I must put them on? Sure, why not..."


 In Sonu's family's hotel room all of his aunties sung teasing songs. My favorite was his gung-ho auntie who used the tv stand as a drum!


 Indian ceremony!
 They gave Christina a hard time trying to put on the flower garlands...
 Some of Penny's pics landed without all of the flashes, and the edit she spun on them is quite vintage and magical...





 Now these below are some of my favorite photos we've taken...













 Now this is a dance!






1 comment:

Sonu S said...

Christina and I couldn't be more thrilled with the many beautiful pictures, but also with both of you! You guys made everything so easy and more importantly fun! Thank you both for your incredible work, and we're happy that you guys had fun too :)