Centree Photography

Welcome to Centree Photography's blog! For more information please check out our website at www.centreephotography.com.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Tania and Shawn Engagement!

I feel honored to have Tania Gonzales as a friend. Not only is she radiantly beautiful inside and out, she lets me take her picture whenever I want. When Tania met Shawn I instantly knew he was different from the rest. Not only is he a rancher, who's family has a strong connection to the land he works, but he is kind, and sweet and a perfect character foil to my ultimately city-chick friend. It was hilarious to see a girl who wouldn't be out of place in a Sex and the City movie because of how much she loves good shoes and great clothes tromping around in a field swarmed with mosquitos patiently allowing me to get my shot. Petting a horse she's not too sure about, and letting her son wade in a puddle only because she loves me that much. I can't wait for their wedding, so here's a few shots to tide us all over until then.






I double checked everything on my list of equipment before I made the four hour drive to the ranch... I pulled it all out amidst the swarms of mosquitos and set it all up... and then realized I had forgotten one half of my transmitter. OOPS. So all of these are natural light, except the ones below, where I got creative and used the headlights from Shawn's truck to get my shot. I really like them, mostly because the memory of the trip resides in these the most for me.

I'm in love with this horse already. his name is Coors ( Shawn you should be embarrassed about that, btw) he comes when you call his name, and he seems pretty much the happiest horse ever.
That is a fierce look if I've ever seen one...




Tania is not looking at Gabriel while I'm taking this shot...
Now we're both laughing as I'm trying to get this one. it was so hard because I was almost doubled over.
What you don't see is when he tried to drink the puddle... that might be a little far even for me
We stripped him after the puddle incident because he reeked, and I got this shot in the garden, which I love because he's only quiet when he's getting into trouble... but it's beautiful nonetheless.

No comments: